Danbury, Ulster Village
This 18-year old Home was showing it’s age and was in need of a complete remodel. Fortunately, the Owners were able to proceed with the remodeling work prior to their moving in so that they were able to move into a New Home!
- Demo & re-framing of walls in the Kitchen, Living Room, Family Room, Master Bedroom, and Master Bath to create a more open Floor Plan and to accommodate the new Designs.
- New Kitchen with Fabuwood Allure Series Fusion Blanc Cabinetry for the Kitchen Perimeter and Fieldstone Monterey Cherry in Hazelnut Stain with Ebony Glaze for the Island. The Counters were Blue Flowers Granite for the Kitchen.
- The Kitchen included all new Stainless Steel Appliances, under cabinet LED lighting, Custom Tile Backsplash, generous Island with great storage and seating for 4.
- New Master Bath with two Fabuwood Allure Series Fusion Blanc Vanities with great storage, Frameless Glass Shower, Generous Soaking Tub and Custom Ceramic Tile Walls & Floor. The Vanity Counters are Honed Truffle Granite.
- In the Hall Bath we replaced the existing alcove tub/shower with a New Frameless Glass Shower with Custom Tile Walls, New Vanity, and Marble Counter.
- New Family Room with Fabuwood Allure Series Fusion Blanc cabinetry and Custom Wood Counter to Match the Hazelnut/Ebony Cherry Island, New Stone Fireplace, and Wall Mounted Flat Screen TV.
- Installed New Hardwood Flooring throughout Living Room, Kitchen, Family Room, Foyer, and Hallways. Installed new Carpeting in all 3 Bedrooms on the 1st Floor, the Stairway, and the entire Finished Basement.
- Installed all new Custom Baseboard, Casing, Doors, and new Brushed Nickel Door Hardware throughout.
- Totally re-designed the Master Suite. Added new Windows, Installed a very generous Master Walk-In Closet, and Installed new Flat Screen TV.
- Painting Throughout.
- During the Home Inspection it was discovered that the Existing Deck had significant Structural Issues. The repairs that we made to the Deck included:
- Installed an additional support post to support Deck.
- Sistered Existing joists with new full-length 2 x 8’s.
- Installed new lag bolts to properly attach Deck to Home.
- Added 2 x 6 sway bracing to provide lateral support.
- Strengthened Rail Posts and Added Mid-Span supports.
Project Date: May 2017 Project Price: more than $100,000
John Noland and his crew were great. He gave us a beautiful home where every detail was planned and completed from demo to completion. But if I were to choose a few words about the process they would be: honest, transparent, driven by quality and keeping commitments. Sub contractors he chose had the same qualities. It only took 6 weeks to gut much of the house and make it into a great place to live and entertain.